The Fun Side of Veganism

vegan shoes, clothes, bags, food, restaurants, toiletries....everything to live the compassionate lifestyle in Amsterdam!

Mexican Lasagne

Sooooo if you know me then you know that the very bestest, most sure-fire way to win my heart over is to cook for me.

Let me be more specific- to cook vegan food for me.

Enter Mexican Lasagne, a recipe that was decidedly un-vegan, but was veganized especially for me.

Someone knows what he's doing. And he's doing it well.


I know full well that from these two photos this just looks like a mash up of hidge-podge ingredients, but what you can't tell from is that this is the best three layers of vegan Mexican goodness (with a side of fries) that I have had the pleasure of eating since......well since ever.

The recipe:

(I'm sorry I know this is a poorly written up recipe but it's pretty much a wing-it type of dish. Do what you feel is right!)

Mexican lasagne.

Make some guacamole however you usually make it. (haha told you it was poor!)

Make some mango salsa by dicing up a mango, two tomatoes, and seasoning with fruit pepper, or garlic salt and coriander.

Make Chili as follows:

- make your chili with fake mince meat (you know like the TVP stuff), fry off some tomato purée and add garlic, chilli, paprika and cumin. Dice an onion, add along with can of chopped tomatoes and kidney beans and a dash of red wine. Grate in some dark chocolate, cayenne pepper and reduce till quite thick.

Take some tortillas and warm in the oven. Starting with a base layer of tortilla, followed by chilli, then a layer of guacamole, then tortilla, then chilli, then crumble some nachos on top.

Whack in the oven for 20 min, serve with a mango salsa and corn on top.

0 comments: