The Fun Side of Veganism

vegan shoes, clothes, bags, food, restaurants, toiletries....everything to live the compassionate lifestyle in Amsterdam!

London: Red Veg Vegan Fast Food

The only other place in London that I had time to seek out for vegan food was Red Veg on Dean Street.

I was running from one place to another so needed something fast, and voila! Fast (vegan) food!

Now, as for the standard fast food restaurants- I stopped eating at those about 6 years ago after reading Fast Food Nation (read the book, AVOID the movie!). But this is vegan fast food- a whole 'nother ballgame really.

I ordered a vegan hot dog with mustard and ketchup, and ate it up in about 3 bites. I had to stop myself from ordering three more and head out to my appointment, but day-um: I was in H-E-A-V-E-N.

Definitely make a stop there! "Vegan fast food" is almost like an oxymoron, so it deserves a peek if you're in London!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I reaaaally want to go to this place! Stories about it all sound so exciting and delicious.
I'm glad you had an awesome vegan hot dog there!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, I love London. I should be there in March, so I'll have to check this place out.

The Fun Side of Veganism said...

Apparently the one in Brighton (or was it Bristol) is even better!!!

brandibee said...

I've seen the movie, but haven't gotten a chance to check the book out yet. So I'm curious, why do you recommend avoiding the movie and reading the book?

The Fun Side of Veganism said...

The movie was soooo bad! The acting fell flat, the story lines were cliched. I don't know, it was just such a disappointment after reading such a fascinating book. I don't think you can turn something like that into a 'story'. Definitely give the book a chance, and then tell me what you think!

brandibee said...

I definitely will. Thanks (: