The Fun Side of Veganism

vegan shoes, clothes, bags, food, restaurants, toiletries....everything to live the compassionate lifestyle in Amsterdam!

Bagels and (More) Coffee

One of the easiest vegan things to eat while out and about in Amsterdam is bagels. There are a number of bagel chains, and then some smaller bagel cafes dotted here and there. Nearby the Leidseplein is a tiny little corner cafe called Bagels & Wraps, so this weekend we stopped in for a light lunch.

I had a sundried tomato bagel with hummus, cucumber and lettuce. Whatever hummus they use is excellent and gets my 5-starred, 2-thumbs-up approval. The bagels always come with a few tortilla chips on the side, and that warm foamy drink in the back is another vegan cappuccino made with soy milk!

They said they sometimes have soy milk, so I guess I was lucky this time because I never had it here before. Either that or I simply never knew it was an option.

Bagels & Wraps is on Kleine Gartmonplatsoen, but it would be easier to find by knowing that it is between Paradiso and Wagamama on the Weteringschans.

0 comments: